|07. bis 08.09.2019||EMBODIMENT || STORY || IMPROVISATION|
|Embodiment and Artistry in Playback Theater workshop by VOZDUKH Center|
|im DOCK 11 Saal2|
EMBODIMENT || STORY || IMPROVISATION
WORKSHOP 7-8th of September, Sat and Sunday (11-5 pm)
Place: DOCK 11, Kastanienallee 79, 10435 Berlin, Saal 2
- Cost for the workshop: $240
- Early bird registration till 1 of Aug $190
Where does inspiration to create embodied art come from?
The body is a powerful instrument for storytelling and, partnered with imagination, can enrich an artist's development through embodied practice.
This course is designed to bring deeper understanding and practice of physical embodiment in playback theatre.
Playback theatre is a physical theatre form integrating sound, movement, music, and spoken word.
- We will guide participants in exploring the role of the physical body in playback theatre;
- We will learn how to catch the essence of the story and transmit it through the movement;
- We will try to translate metaphors into the body;
- We will develop the actors’ presence, authenticity, and capacity for team work;
- This practice will include body warm-ups for theatre groups, new body forms, and practical exercises to deepen embodiment in playback acting.